- Microsoft® Windows® 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 SP1
- For working with localized interfaces corresponding language support is required
Centralized deployment and virtualization
The operation of ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 has been tested for the following configurations:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2008 R2 SP1 (including the use with Remote Desktop, RemoteApp and Remote Desktop Web Access)
- Citrix Workspace App 1808 (using installed application accessed from a server), Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- PC with 1 GHz (or faster) x86 or x64 processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 1 GB of RAM (4 GB is recommended); in multiprocessor systems, an additional 512 MB of RAM is required for each additional processor.
- 1.2 GB of hard disk space for typical program installation and 1.2 GB free space for optimal program operation
- Video card with 1024x768 resolution or higher
- An Internet connection is required to activate your serial number.
- Keyboard, mouse or other pointing device
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later (might be missing on workstations running Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1).
FineReader PDF supports TWAIN- and WIA-compatible scanners, multi-function peripherals (MFPs) and all-in-one devices when using in scanning mode.
You can find such scanners among the popular models offered by:
Nonetheless, ABBYY does not guarantee any scanner to be fully compatible with ABBYY software products. Due to this fact, ABBYY assumes no liability whatsoever for any damages - commercial or otherwise - arising from the use of the information stated above.
- 5 megapixel sensor
- Flash disable feature
- Manual aperture control or aperture priority mode
- Manual focusing
- An anti-shake system or the use of a tripod is recommended
- Optical zoom
Note: number of supported interface languages may vary in some local versions of ABBYY FineReader PDF 15
- PDF (2.0 or earlier), including PDF/A, PDF/UA
- Image formats: TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, JBIG2, PNG, BMP, PCX, GIF, DjVu, XPS*
- Editable formats**: DOC(X), XLS(X), PPT(X), VSD(X), HTML, RTF, TXT, ODT, ODS, ODP
* Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.
** Microsoft® Office or Apache® OpenOffice® is required.
Export file formats
- PDF, including PDF/A (1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, 2u, 3a, 3b, 3u), PDF/UA
- Image formats: TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, JBIG2, PNG, BMP, PCX, DjVu
- Editable formats: DOC(X), XLS(X), PPTX, HTML, RTF, TXT, CSV, ODT
- E-book formats: EPUB®, FB2
- Microsoft Word 365, 2019, 2016 (16.0), 2013 (15.0), 2010 (14.0), 2007 (12.0)
- Microsoft Excel 365, 2019, 2016 (16.0), 2013 (15.0), 2010 (14.0), 2007 (12.0)
- Microsoft PowerPoint 365, 2019, 2016 (16.0), 2013 (15.0), 2010 (14.0), 2007 (12.0)
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013, SharePoint Server 2013, 2016, 2019, Online
- Apache OpenOffice Writer 4.1
- LibreOffice Writer 5.2, 6.1
If any application is missing from this list, it has either not yet tested or not supported. To ensure better compatibility, we recommend installing the latest updates and upgrades available for the above applications.
ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 supports 198 recognition languages in all combinations. 53 languages include dictionary support (marked with ×):
Old European languages and gothic fonts
5,000 pages/month, 2 cores
Choose between Standard and Corporate editions and a variety of licensing options for a universal PDF tool. Benefit from progressive volume discounts, network deployment and simple license management.
Payments will be processed securely by our eCommerce partners.